Translate

Monday, December 8, 2014

Finding Rest - 31 Stories That Help You Breath

Available as an Ebook or in Print from Amazon!


          If you are worn out from the constant demands of life and condemned by thoughts of never being good enough, this book is for you.

          Unfortunately, so many people have come to see God as the one who is always in need and always demanding our service and sacrifice. Nothing could be further from the truth. We are the ones in need of him.
          He is the one who sacrificed for us. He is the one who daily supplies grace (mercy, unmerited favor and blessing) to us. You won't find rest in religion. Religious rules and expectations will lay heavy burdens on your shoulders and condemn you for not carrying them. Neither will you find rest by rejecting religion and believing in yourself. You cannot supply what you do not possess.

          Jesus said, “Come to me and I will give you rest.”

           Finding Rest   is a collection of stories told by people who came to Jesus and found rest in his grace. So relax. Allow these stories to focus your mind back on Jesus. You will find rest in his grace.

Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me - watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. The Message Matthew 11:28-29

No comments:

Post a Comment